Monday, May 30, 2022

Starship Designer Policy Statement

Starship Designer (C) 2022 VirtualSoundNW and David L. Dawes

Source code for Starship Designer is available on github and is licensed using the Open Gaming License.

Starship Designer uses your google email to keep track of your Starship designs. If I can get features added it will also use your Google identity so you can export designs as spreadsheets and/or docs using Google's apps, No such features are available now, feel free to add them and give me a PR if you have the skills.

We may email you notices of upgrade availability on occasion but otherwise we will not use or sell your information to any third parties.

We use Google's identity and Google's open source code for the same as our basis for identity, so in addition to the risk I messed something up you also inherit the risk that Google did as well. Google is much less likely to mess up of course but this product and its software are offered as-is and have no guarantee of proper operation or fitness for any particular purpose. In fact I can guarantee it will still have bugs - free software does not pay enough to spend enough time fixing everything.

Note that VirtualSoundNW is a hobby level activity - I am releasing the source code in the public domain and not charging anything for anything. As such I can pretty much guarantee the software WILL have bugs that I do not have the time nor budget to fix.

You could always contact me and offer to get changes or bug fixes on a contract basis - and I'm even happy to sign over copyrights to new material and such for appropriate compensation, so feel free to get in touch - but that seems unlikely at best.

Otherwise enjoy the app if you can. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment